What domain extension is this?
.INSURANCE is a verified domain exclusively for the insurance community, which is a more secure online space for insurers and their customers.
What are the requirements & restrictions for this domain extension?
To register an .INSURANCE domain, organization must be eligible and the domain name(s) that selected must match with organization’s legal name or branding (e.g., trademark, trade name, service mark). A registered trademark is not required to register an .INSURANCE domain name.
Organization must fall under one of the following government regulated entities:
- Insurance company
- Insurance agent/agency, broker/brokerage or other equivalents (e.g., intermediaries, representatives)
- Insurance holding or parent companies
Other eligible organizations include:
- Associations or groups of associations whose membership is primarily comprised of the above regulated entities (1-3).
- Government regulators of insurance companies, insurance agents/agencies, brokers/brokerages or other equivalents (e.g., intermediaries, representatives) or organizations whose members are primarily comprised of such government regulators
The .INSURANCE Registrant Eligibility Policy and its Implementation Guideline is accessible here.
.INSURANCE domain names are required to implement security technologies such as Domain Name System Security Extensions (DNSSEC), Encryption/Transport Layer Security (TLS) and Email Authentication. Registrant still allow to register for an .INSURANCE domain if cannot fulfil the security requirements, and the domain name cannot be resolved after register.
- INSURANCE domain names must be hosted on .INSURANCE name server and the Domain Name System Security Extensions (DNSSEC) must be implemented.
- The .INSURANCE website must install Transport Layer Security (TLS version 1.2 or greater).
- Email Authentication: Publish in DNS as a text record
- Domain-based message Authentication, Reporting, and Conformance (DMRC) record
- Sender Policy Framework (SPF) and/or DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) records when domain is used for email
What kind of domain extension does WebNIC offer?
How to register for this domain extension?
All registrants and .INSURANCE domains must be verified by Registry. The process of .INSURANCE domain registration usually takes 3-7 business days.
- Step 1: Complete the verification application at Registry website with the “Select My .INSURANCE Domain” feature to get verified and approved by the registry. For the choice of registrars, please select WebNIC as the registrar.
- Step 2: Register .INSURANCE domain name through WebNIC, the domain status will show as “Pending Registry”.
- Step 3: Upon approval, registrant will receive a registration token via email. Registrant must provide the token to WebNIC for validation.
- Step 4: Registry reviews and approves the registration.
What document is required for this domain extension?
Registrant is required to provide certain information to Registry Operator, to verify their eligibility to register for an .INSURANCE domain name. This information may include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Full legal name, Organization name, Organization address, Organization phone, Organization email
- Proof of identity necessary to establish that the registrant is eligible (e.g., business license, certificate of formation, articles of incorporation, corporate operating agreement, charter documents, attorney opinion letter, mission statement for non-profit organization)
- For insurance companies, the assigned regulatory ID and Government Regulatory Authority issuing its charter
- For agents/agencies, brokers/brokerages and other equivalents (e.g., intermediaries, representatives), the assigned license ID and government regulatory licensing agency issuing its permission to act as an agent/agency, broker/brokerage or other equivalent (e.g., intermediary, representative)
How does the verification process work?
Registry will perform verification upon the initial registration of an .INSURANCE domain, annually thereafter and if certain registration information changes (e.g., Registrant Organization, Registrant Name, Registrant Email).
For new Registrants, the verification process usually takes 1-3 business days. The verification process requires email and/or telephone contact with the Registrant’s organization to verify certain information.
What is the length limitation for this domain extension?
Minimum of 1 / maximum of 63 characters allowed.
What is the term of registration?
The term of registration for .INSURANCE domain is 1- 10 year(s).
Can I delete a domain after registered?
Yes, you are allowed to delete the domain after registered. However, the registration fee is not refundable.
What is the term of renewal?
The term of renewal is 1 – 10 year(s).
How does the Domain Life Cycle work for this domain extension?
After a .INSURANCE domain was expired, it will go through below life cycle:
Renewal Grace Period
Redemption Grace Period
If partner did not renew the domain name, it will be released for public re-registration approximately 75 days from the domain expiration date. Please note that domain re-registration is based on first-come, first-serve basis.
Can I transfer the domain registrar under this domain extension?
Yes, partners are allowed to initiate registrar transfer for .INSURANCE domain name. Please note that domain will be extended for 1 year after completion. Partner may refer to “Registrar Transfer” FAQ for more information.
Can I transfer the domain reseller under this domain extension?
Yes, partners are allowed to initiate reseller transfer for .INSURANCE domain name. Please note that domain will be extended for 1 year after completion. Partner may refer to “Reseller Transfer” FAQ for more information.
Does WebNIC provide Internationalized Domain name (IDN) for this domain extension?
No, WebNIC doesn’t provide IDN.INSURANCE domain name.