Registrar: Registrar is a company that registers domain name on partners’ behalf such as WebNIC.
Gaining Registrar: Gaining registrar is new registrar that partners would like to transfer the domain over. If a domain was registered with Network Solutions and partners are transferring it to WebNIC, WebNIC is the gaining registrar.
Losing Registrar: Losing registrar is current registrar of the domain that partners wish to transfer away. If a domain was registered with Network Solutions and partners are transferring it to WebNIC, Network Solutions is the losing registrar.
Registrant: Registrant is the owner of a particular domain name.
What is registrar transfer?
Registrar transfer is a process to transfer a domain name from a registrar to another new registrar as sponsoring registrar. If the domain names were registered within WebNIC, partners should initiate reseller transfer process, partners may refer to “Reseller Transfer” FAQ for more information.
What are the domain suffixes that allow for a registrar transfer?
|Top Level Domain||Support for
(Invoicing Party Transfer)
*IDN = Internationalized Domain Name
Under what circumstances, domain name is eligible for a registrar transfer?
Generally, the rules to transfer a domain are as below; some domain suffixes may have different rules, please refer to below for the extra rules of the respective domain suffixes.
- Only the administrative person of domain has authority for domain transfer;
- Domain name which has been expired is allowed to perform a registrar transfer in provided that the domain current registrar allows transferring out the domain name;
- Domain name must be registered more than 60 days;
- Domain name must be renewed for more than 45 days;
- Domain name must be under Active status;
- Ensure the domain name is not involved in any legal or payment dispute;
- Ensure the email address of the administrative contact for the domain name must be valid. We correspond with the administrative contact for the transfer request approval.
- Ensure the domain name is not involve in any Evidence of fraud, UDRP action or a Court order-by the court of competent jurisdiction and Reasonable dispute over the identity of the Registered Name Holder or Administrative Contact;
- Ensure the domain name is not involved in any payment issue with previous registration period (including credit card charge-backs) if the domain name is past its expiration date or for previous or current registration periods if the domain name has not yet expired. In all such cases, however, the domain name must be put into “Registrar Hold” status by the Registrar of Record prior to the denial of transfer.
|.cn||Under any of the following circumstances, partners will not able to perform registrar transfer:-
|.my||.my domain name is not a registrar transfer, it is an invoicing party transfer, only the domain admin contact able to change the invoicing party. Please follow the below steps to transfer the domain name:
|.sg||Domain name must be registered for more than 14 days in order to perform a registrar transfer. Gaining registrar must be an accredited registrar for .sg domain name and the transfer is require to initiate 7 days before the expiry date.|
|.kr||Under any of the following circumstances, partners will not able to perform registrar transfer:
|.jp||Under any of the following circumstances, partners will not able to perform registrar transfer:
|.in||Domain name which registered within the 60 days following the creation date will not able to perform registrar transfer.|
|.vn||Under any of the following circumstances, partners will not able to perform registrar transfer:
|.HK/.香港||Domain name which registered within 4 days following the creation date will not able to perform registrar transfer.|
|.ID||Registrar transfer is not allowed if domain is within 60 days from the registration date or less than 7 days from the expiry date.|
|.LA/.PW/Country-code dot.coms||Domain is not allowed to transfer within 60 days from initial registration date or from previous successful transfer date.|
Why am I failed to change the Invoicing Party for .my domain name by follow above mentioned steps? It appeared “Can’t Proceed with transfer process, domain name status not normal”.
.my registry does not allow a domain name which under Expired or Suspended status to transfer the Invoicing Party. Therefore, if the domain current status is in Expired or Suspended, partners will not be able to change the Invoicing Party to us at “Qinetics Solutions Berhad (R039)”.
Do I need to obtain the authorization information for registrar transfer of all domain suffixes?
Authorization information is required when partners perform a registrar transfer except , .kr and .jp domain name. However, our system does request partners fill in the code for future reference.
How do I initiate a registrar transfer request?
Partners may follow the below steps to initiate a registrar transfer:
- Login to Partner Central;
- Dashboard> Middle of the page, Search Domain Column;
- Click on Initiate Registrar Transfer option;
- Enter the domain name and Authorization Information then follow the steps to transfer the domain name.
How the whole Registrar Transfer process goes through?
- Initiate the registrar transfer request via Partner Central;
- Domain admin will not receive transfer authorization email, the registrar transfer request for the domain will be initiated immediately.
- Submission will failed if:
- Authorization code is incorrect;
- Domain status not allowed for transfer.
- The registrar transfer will require 2-10 days to complete.
- Notification email will be sent to partners and registrant on the transfer status.
Why I encountered “Invalid Authorization Information” when initiating the transfer request?
“Invalid Authorization Information” is error message returned from registry stated that the Authorization Information entered during the transfer request submission was invalid.
Please advise the domain registrant contact current registrar to obtain the valid/correct Authorization Information and re-initiate the transfer request.
Why I encountered “Object status prohibits operation” when initiating the transfer request?
A domain name must be in Active status in order to transfer a domain name.
Error “Object status prohibits operation” was due the domain name currently is under Lock status, please contact the current registrar to unlock the domain and retry to initiate the transfer request.
What is “Authorization Information” and how do I obtain it?
“Authorization Information” is a set of characters “password” that assigned for a domain name. Domain registrant may obtain the domain’s authorization information from the domain current registrar.
How long does it take to transfer a domain name to WebNIC?
A registrar transfer process will requires 2-10 business days to complete.
How much does it takes to transfer a domain name?
There is no transfer fee will be charged when partners initiate a registrar transfer, however, partners account will be deducted for one year’s renewal fee as a domain name will be automatically renewed for 1 year by registry upon successfully of the registrar transfer.
.sg – Domain expiry date will not be extended upon the successfully of the transfer, therefore, neither renewal fee nor transfer fee is required.
How do I check the registrar transfer status?
- Login to Partner Central ;
- Click on Order Management section;
- Order Type> Click on Registrar Transfer In; Order Status> Click on New Submission.
What should I do to transfer out the domain names in my partner account to other registrar?
A registrar transfer request is always initiate by the gaining registrar, therefore, please contact the gaining registrar for further assistance if partners would like to transfer out a domain name from WebNIC.
How can I obtain the authorization information for the domain names in my partner account?
Partners may obtain the authorization information through below steps:
- Login to Partner Central;
- Dashboard> Middle of the page, Search Domain Column;
- Enter the domain name> More Action; Click on Send Auth Info.
What will happen if a domain name was transferred within 45 calendar days after the auto-renewal date?
If a domain name was transferred within 45 calendar days after the auto-renewal date, the renewal year added by losing registrar will drop while the gaining registrar will add one year to the domain’s expiry date. Therefore, the expiration date will remain the same.
Can I cancel a Registrar transfer and how do I cancel it?
Yes, partners are allowed to cancel a registrar transfer from the domain’s current/ previous registrar side.