What is IPOS Domain-name Reservation programme?
This programme will be available from 9th June 2016.
Under this program, new applicant for intellectual property (IP) of trademark, patent, design which registered on IPOS’ IP2SG system, can reserve their first “.com.sg” or “.sg” domain name at the same time after their IP application without leaving the system.
However, the domain name activated within 90 days from the date of intellectual property that successfully registered with IPOS will entitle FREE for the first year registration term.
How long will the domain name be activated?
The domain name must be activated within 90 days from the reservation date. You may proceed to activate the reserved domain name via Partner Central.
For example: if ABC Pte Ltd is incorporated on 1 May 2016, they can enjoy the discount if the domain name is reserved and activated by 29 July 2016, 11:59:59 PM (where 1 April is the first day, and 29 May is the 90th day).
What happens after the reservation period?
If there is no activation during the 90 days reservation period, the reservation will be lapsed and you will not entitle for the promotion. Meanwhile, the reserved name will be released for general availability for other’s registration.
If my customer has forgotten whether their reservation period has ended. What should I do?
You may query the reserved domain through the Online Whois search. The “Creation Date” of the WHOIS result shows the date when the domain name was first reserved. The reservation period will end on the 90th day from the “Creation Date”.
Do my customer has to pay after the reservation period ends?
No, there will be no penalty payment.
How do I activate the reserved domain name for my customers?
To activate the reserved domain name, please login to your WebNIC Partner Central and perform the activation through steps below with the following information:
Login to partner central > Domain Manager > Click on “SGNIC IPOS Application” function
- Activate domain name
- IPOS Application Number
- NRIC number
Note: The domain contact of technical and billing will be same contact information as registrant contact.
Does my customer qualify under this promotion?
Your customer will qualify as long as he/she registered at IPOS’ IP2SG system. The applicant has a period of 90 days from day of reservation to activate and register the domain name for active use.
Can my customer activate a .net,.sg, .org.sg, .per.sg domain name?
This promotion is targeted at entities registered with Intellectual Property Office of Singapore (IPOS) only. Therefore, your customer is able to activate a “.com.sg” or “.sg” domain name only.
- This programme will be available from 9th June 2016.
- Each successful IP application on IPOS’ system will only allowed to reserve one domain name for each registration of IPOS application. Only “com.sg” or “.sg”, category of domain extension is available for this programme. For more information on eligibility of registration for .com.sg and .sg, please refer to “.SG Categories & Rules”
- Reservation of the domain name must be made on IPOS’ system. However, to activate domain name, kindly login to your WebNIC Partner Central and perform the activation.
- The applicant has a period of 90 days from day of reservation to activate and register the domain name for active use. If there is no activation during the 90 days reservation period, the reservation will be lapsed and you will not entitle for the programme. Meanwhile, the reserved name will be released for general availability for other’s registration.
- The applicant who reserve domain name via IPOS’ IP2SG system, can activate their .com.sg or .sg domain name FREE for the first year registration term through WebNIC.
- For more details on domain policies, please refer our registration agreement