What domain extension is this?
.TH is the country code top-level domain (ccTLD) for Thailand.
What are the requirements & restrictions for this domain extension?
Special requirements/restrictions for a .co.th domain name are as below:-
- To register .co.th, registrant must be a company locally incorporated in Thailand, or have a local representative registered within Thailand and be authorized by the foreign company to apply for the domain;
- The foreign company could register their trademark as the domain name as much as they own via the representative office in Thailand with providing a certification of trademark registration issued by the Department of Intellectual Property (Thailand);
- Supporting documents required to register a .co.th domain name;
- Chosen domain should be strongly similar to applying entity’s full name or abbreviation;
- Multiple .co.th domain(s) can be register derivative from business registered in Thailand or trademark/service mark *subject to registry’s approval*;
- Registrant transfer is not allowed for a .co.th domain name.
What kind of domain extension does WebNIC offer?
WebNIC currently only offer .CO.TH
What document is required for this domain extension?
Required document to register according to company type are as below:
|Company Type||Required Documents|
|Company which register within Thailand (the company must be registered under Thai Law)||
|Foreign company which has a local representative office||
Naming from trademark/service mark
- Domain naming must be exactly trade mark/service mark (can’t be abbreviation/extended from trade mark/service mark);
- A company can register domain name as much as number of trade mark/ service mark it has registered business;
- The required supporting document is a certificate of trademark registration which was issued by Thai Government
- Intellectual Property office (Thailand)
- The domain name in (2) must be identical to the registered trademark;
- Translation of trademark will not be accepted.
- If the trademark is not in English, English letters can be substituted;
- If the trademark has expired, the domain name will be deleted;
- Any name selection conflict occurs in the name selection, the first-come-first-serve role will be applied;
- Registry reserves the right to reject or accept requests in the final step.
What is the length limitation for this domain extension?
Minimum 2 / Maximum 24 characters.
What is the terms of registration?
1 to 10 years
Can I delete a domain after registered?
Partner is not allowed to delete .co.th domain after registered.
What is the terms of renewal?
1 to 10 years
How does the Domain Life Cycle work for this domain extension?
After a .co.th domain was expired, it will go through below life cycle:
Renewal Grace Period
Redemption Grace Period
*Above are new domain life cycle, effective 28 March 2020 (updated on 1 March 2020)
If partners did not renew the domain name, it will be release for public re-registration approximately 30 days from the domain expiration date. Please note that domain re-registration is on first-come, first-served basis.
What is the procedure for transferring the domain registrar under this domain extension?
Yes, letter of authorization (sample file) is needed to transfer in. The transfer will require at least 2 weeks to complete. There is no charges apply for the transfer.
What is the procedure for transferring the domain reseller under this domain extension?
Partners are allowed to initiate reseller transfer for .co.th domain name. Please note that domain will be extended for 1 year after completion.
Please refer to Reseller Transfer for more detail information
Does WebNIC provide Internationalized Domain name (IDN) for this domain extension?
No, WebNIC does not provide IDN.co.th domain name at this moment.