What is Redemption Grace Period (RGP)?
Domains will reach Redemption Grace Period state if a domain name have been expired and was not renew during the renewal grace period. Partners may refer to “Domain Renewal” FAQ for the renewal grace period for all domain suffixes.
How many days for the Redemption Grace Period (RGP)?
|Top Level Domain||Redemption Grace Period / Day(s)||Can be Restored?||Restoration Fee/USD|
|.my||14||Yes||Renew with Usual Renewal Price|
.in (Registered under our provider before
|.VN||30||Yes||Renew with Usual Renewal Price|
* To restore a domain, please email [email protected] for more details and the restoration fee will be charged accordingly.
What is purpose of having Redemption Grace Period (RGP)?
Redemption Grace Period provides the owner with one last chance to recover the domain before it is deleted; for example if the owner deleted the domain accidentally.
How to restore a domain name that under Redemption Grace Period (RGP)?
The Redemption Grace Period is costly, both in fees and effort. Partners should discourage from renew a domain name during RGP and encourage to renew domains before expiry or during the renewal grace period when a renewal can be conducted with the registry in real time and for no additional cost.
If partners have client who wishes to restore a domain name:
- Login to Partner Central; Dashboard> Middle of the page, Search Domain Column, Enter the domain name; Click on “Restore” button, in order to authorize us to charge the partner account for restoration fee + one year renewal fee at normal renewal pricing;
- The domain name can only be reverted back to the original registrant (original Whois information);
- It will take approximately 2-5 business days to complete the entire process;
- Domain name will renew for one year when the domain was restored successfully.
.sg – Upon restoration and renewal of the domain name, the new expiry date is 1 years from the date of restoration.
What will happen if I did not restore the domain?
If partners did not restore the domain under RGP, it will either drop into “pending delete” state in which the domain will be release for public re-registration soon or immediately release for public re-registration. Partners will not be able to get back the domain name in this stage.
Why WebNIC charge us for the restoration fee?
Restoration process is costly, both in fees and effort and the restoration fee is charge by the respective registry accordingly.